Old December 29th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jonathan Goodish

Default XM weather activation question Garmin 3/496

In article . com,
"Paul kgyy" wrote:
I have one of the Awmap PDA-based systems that preceded Garmin's
396/496 series and have recurring trouble with the Wx download
de-activating if I don't fly for a month.

This time I can't re-activate at all for some reason.

Have any of you 3/496 owners had a problem with involuntary
de-activation?

I didn't use my 396 for almost 3 months during my interior renovation.
I had no problems when I fired it up for the first time after that
period of time.

Then again, I didn't have any problems with the WxWorx box and AWM
deactivating either, but proper shutdown of AWM appeared to be key. I
suspect that the WxWorx box had something to do with it also. The
GXM30/GXM30A receivers are a Garmin design, so they wouldn't necessarily
have the same hardware problems of the WxWorx box.

JKG