Old August 9th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
SEG

Default Accident site found: Landing gear from Bulldog?

Hi.
I'm new to this list and I am not a pilot.

On a recent hike in Northern California, our group stumbled upon an
aviation accident site. The wreckage included part of a wing and
part of a landing gear. No tail number was evident. We notified
the forest rangers, but I am not yet convinced that this accident
has been previously reported. I tried to report the accident site
to the NTSB, but they said that they would take no action without
a tail number.

Searching online, I did find a report a of recent, fatal Scottish
Aviation Bulldog accident in the nearby area (N706X: about 1.5 miles
from the site we discovered). However, I compared photos of the
landing gear we found (straight strut) to online pictures of the
Bulldog T1's front gear (curved strut). To me, the two do not seem
to match, but I can't be entirely sure.

I have posted photographs of the landing gear that we found on
Google: http://picasaweb.google.com/wankywonk

I was hoping that someone on this list could say whether what we
found could have come from a Bulldog.

Finally, to the family and friends of the victims of recent fatal
Bulldog accident in Northern California, please accept my condolences.

Steve