Old October 29th 03, 02:15 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Scott Ferrin writes:

10/28/2003 - EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- A B-1B Lancer here
flies overhead during the Edwards Air Force Base Open House and Air
Show. The B-1B unofficially set and broke almost 50 new world speed
records during the air show Oct. 25 and 26. Record-breaking courses
included three, 15, 25, 100, 500 and 1,000-kilometer speed dashes.
National Aeronautic Association officials still need to verify the
results, before they become official. The NAA is the national
authority in overseeing and certifying aviation records. (Courtesy
photo)

Not sure how that relates to the FAI. If they're authentic enough for
the NAA does the FAI automatically accept them or is there another
process involved?

Does anybody have anymore info on these records like speeds,
altitudes, and weights and are these just NAA records they were trying
to break or FAI?

This is going from memory )ANd a memory kickstarted by only 1/2 a cup
of coffee), but As I Remember I, the NAA is the U.S. representative of
the FAI. So, for example, in the appropriate category, and NAA
observer is an FAI observer.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster