Old February 16th 05, 09:16 AM
Frank van der Hulst

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
Can't beat the "6 Million Dollar Man" series for really low budget
effects. Ever notice no matter what aircraft he was flying they would
always show B-52 gear retracting.

I must say I was disappointed by the flying scenes in "The Aviator" --
not enough of them, and the XF-11 and Spruce Goose never looked like
anything other than Photoshop-generated images :-(

And what about the scene where Howard and someone are walking off,
trying to think what kind of wood to build it out of... I mean, it's not
like spruce hadn't been a standard aircraft construction material for
almost 40 years at that point.

Sheesh, in a movie about an aviation legend, they could at least make an
effort to get the aviation facts straight.

Frank
(and wasn't that 737 I saw landing in 1963 in "Ray"?)