Old February 16th 05, 02:16 PM
Ash Wyllie

Jay Honeck opined

I must say I was disappointed by the flying scenes in "The Aviator" --
not enough of them, and the XF-11 and Spruce Goose never looked like
anything other than Photoshop-generated images :-(

Actually, those were both very large R/C models, according to Air & Space
magazine.

We're talking in the hundreds of pounds. (And the Spruce Goose model was
supposedly ELECTRIC powered, which I thought was interesting...)

Given Lithium Polymer batteries, electric is becoming the power of choice
for scale aircraft. Look through some of last years RC mags, there is a Chinese
AWACs aircraft in many of them.

Interesting plane. Based on a Soviet copy of a US B-29. Even has a rotating
radome.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?