Old January 8th 04, 09:51 PM
Bob McKellar

John wrote:

Bob McKellar wrote:

David Windhorst wrote:

Back in the 80s I visited the Florence (SC) Air & Missile Museum a
couple times. They had an extremely disassembled B29 that they hoped
eventually to work into some sort of display. That a/c is not mentioned
in any of the online references to the museum I could find. Does anyone
know what happened to it?

I have a vague recollection that it went to another site for restoration and
display ( not scrapped ). I have an even vaguer recollection that it went
to Atlanta:
Correction would be welcomed.

Bob McKellar

44-70113 was displayed for many years at the Florence Space Museum
When that facility closed, it was moved to Dobbins AFB in Georgia.

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org...9-4470113.html

http://www.coastcomp.com/av/pres/atlanta/b29.htm

Thanks for quoting my own website to me ! :-)

I do know for a fact ( a non tarveristic one ) that it left Florence at least
three years before its closure, probably much earlier than that.

Bob McKellar

PS - You are welcome to quote the Florence website to me, that's mine as well!