Old October 12th 18, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default New $500 FAA ADS-B Rebate ... some motorgliders/sustainers qualify

It's back.... https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate

Hopefully may be time for some folks doing ADS-B Out installs over this winter break to get a rebate. Only applies to 2020 Complaint installs (so not TABS/SIL=1).

And the rules make clear...

Type Aircraft = ‘Fixed wing single engine’ or ‘Glider’; AND
Type Engine = ‘Reciprocating’ OR ‘4 Cycle’ OR ‘2 Cycle’

So only applies to non-jet sustainers and motorgliders.

I'm mostly curious how many folks are willing to deal with all the extra effort for $500.

It's of course a silly way of doing this, I would have much preferred to see a program that targeted all aircraft including gliders, maybe targeting those based or flown around busy traffic areas.