Old December 23rd 18, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Condor 2 v 2.0.5 with VR Support

Hi David,

I ordered and Oculus Rift and faster graphics card for my PC. I am really looking forward to trying Condor 2 with it in a few days. I'll post my review here. But, of course, I am biased because I sell Condor 2. Hopefully I also have a reputation of giving honest reviews of soaring products.

I found out that I needed to upgrade my PC's graphics card using the PC evaluation tool on the Oculus Rift web page he
https://www.oculus.com/rift/ - Scroll down to the section titled, "Recommended PC Specifications" and use the white "Download" button.

A direct link to the PC evaluation tool is he
https://ocul.us/compat-tool

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 2:28:11 PM UTC-6, David Hirst wrote:

The idea of being able to look around while flying is very cool. I can't wait to try it!!!

I'd be interested to hear any feedback on how a VR headset feels to the pilot, particularly in regard to motion sickness. With the headset on, the brain doesn't get any 'stable' visual cues. Or maybe the brain adapts quickly. Dunno.

(Festive)cheers
DH
TX