Old January 2nd 19, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paula

Default Post Curing Composites

Am 02.01.2019 um 13:42 schrieb Per Carlin:
It all depends om what Epoxysystem is used. I would be very carfull of post curing with heat without knowing what epoxies that is used. You can ruin the whole glider by overheating the structure.

Yes, it depents on the Epoxy Systems (and all other materials in the
area). To make sure please refer to the data sheet of the systems in use.

As a guideline composite gliders are certified to temperatures up to 54
deg C.
Without specific background info of all materials in use I would post
cure at 50 deg C for 15-24h. You may ramp up the temperature to avoid
problems with only paritial cured epoxy (10h 30 deg C + 15h 50 deg C).

Paula