Old January 8th 19, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How to Make a Poor Man's Spar Alignment Tool

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 1:27:14 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Steve Bralla manufactured the "Z5" eccentric tool for several years before losing access to the machine tools needed for fabricating them. He kindly offered the rights to me a couple of years ago. I have been building them since then, and although they are not on my website (yet), I am still making and stocking them.

info (at) mmfabrication (dot) com

I've got one of the Z5 eccentric tools, and its a great help. But it can only be inserted when the wings are within about ΒΌ" from closure. It would be even better if more eccentricity was present, to allow the tool to be inserted with the wings further from closure. I think the strength of the plastic tool could be maintained by putting a steel rod down the center.