Old August 3rd 18, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default U.S. Standard Class Nationals - Mike Westbrook leading DAY3 - FriAug 3rd no fly day

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 5:26:11 AM UTC-7, Luke Szczepaniak wrote:

We're not going to fly Fri Aug 3rd due to blue conditions,

I am confused - a day at a Nationals was scrubbed not because the soaring conditions did not exist but because there are no cloud markers?

Texas weather can be brutal with high heat and humidity.
Which produce wonderful soaring conditions with big puffy CU's without the teeth jarring turbulence of the Western mountains.