Old November 23rd 03, 10:45 AM
SouthBayGuy

Unfourtunately this didn't help...as soon as I ENGAGE the A/P...it starts
dialing the trim UP UP UP...Even with just NAV set. It must be a problem in
my system somewhere :0(

"Jim Hendrickson" wrote in message

I have found there to be a "bug" in the 172 autopilot (KAP-140) as well.
Whenever I engage the autopilot, which I usually only use in HDG or NAV
mode, it takes pitch authority even though I don't have ALT hold set. I

get
around this by toggling the ALT hold on and off whenever I engage the
autopilot. I usually don't use the ALT modes, so you may want to try
toggling ALT ON, OFF, then back ON and see if you still have the

problem.