Old July 17th 04, 06:10 PM
Billy Preston

"Ed Rasimus" wrote

During the period in question, I was running the Training Command
personnel shop that handled UPT/UNT/UPT-H input and output
assignments.

So you're the SOB! :-)

Actually, I wanted to fly in the USAF, but I ran out of money in college.
So I enlisted and tried to go bootstrap to finish my degree. Alas, after the
war ended, the USAF had no use for bootstrap, and only selected a few
during my tour. Anyway, my life was better as a male stripper...

The one thing I liked about the 70's, was you could use your GI bill to
not only get your Instrument and Commercial, but also the initial training.
My first assignment to Kingsley Field had a wonderful Piper school. I used
to love getting cleared for the ILS, and then watch the F-106's fly two
orbits waiting for me, ha. "Tower, permission for a stop and go?" "Negative!
get that piece of **** off the runway!"

There is something worse than missiles, and it's called Long Range
Radar (LRR)...