Old July 28th 03, 07:53 PM
Rufus

MikeT wrote:

Nice page... Maybe you know the answer to this question....

Why do the Russians always paint their instrument panel in that horrible
shade of light blue. It makes them look unbelievably chintzy and

cluttered,

regardless of the aircraft or it's technology.

If memory is correct their doctors have determined that it is the best color
for pilots and they eyes.

The US Navy did similiar studies on the effects of color and crew
operations.

MikeT

Back when I was doing a bit of night-vision oriented work we got
comments about printing things on pink (salmon) colored paper - comment
was that that was most readable.

--
- Rufus