Old August 5th 03, 12:05 AM
Mark T. Mueller

Who told you that? The Garmin guys I spoke with specifically stated only the
G1000 would get WxWorks...

Not that I doubt you, but it is very curious to here this...

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
The GDL 49 has a lot of limitations, and is very slow. However, I was told
at OSH (for what it's worth) that Garmin will be working on the interface
between WXworks and their 430/530 series. The data transfer will be much
better, and it may be worth waiting for. All of the other portable systems
seem to suffer from various limitations, and they make a rat's nest of
cables in the cockpit. I almost bought into Wxworks, but between the

initial
purchase and subscription, as well as the purchase of a new PDA with yet
another subscription seemed a little over the top. I'm not crazy about
carrying around a notebook computer either.

In the interim I'll live with onboard radar and stormscope, which in
combination work pretty well.

JN