Old September 19th 04, 03:53 AM
Kevin Brooks

"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:01:44 -0700, "Bob Gardner"
wrote:

|The 141's left McChord AFB some time ago. Now they are all C-17's.
|
|Bob Gardner

In many ways, the C-17 is a better choice than either the C-141
or the C-5. Seems to have proven itself.

Was there an attempt to equip the Guard with Boeing aircraft as
cargo haulers?

Uhmmm...the C-17 *is* a Boeing product. And yes, the ANG has already
accepted its first C-17; they are already replacing the C-141's that the
Misssissippi ANG has been flying for many years, and the TNANG will also be
getting C-17's to replace its C-141's.

Brooks

|"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote in message
|news | Looks like the C-141 is going away. I assume that the C-17 and
| some form of Boeing cargo jet (7E7 or 767) will take its place.

---
"If ye love wealth better than liberty ... servitude better than ...
freedom,
go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms ... May
your
chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen."
- Samuel Adams