Old November 1st 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

Default A disturbing statistic

I was including this kind of business flying as "personal flying". Do
the statistics separate it out?

Yes - and it is MUCH safer.

Does this "business flying" include bizjets? That would skew the
statistics. I would include (as personal flying) only that business
flying that is piloted by the person wanting to make the trip.

I would be interested in a rule you
would consider a net good.

Well, it was not my stated position that they existed, merely that the
potential for the other (rules that are not a net good) does. But ok,
let me try to think: (I'm on Usenet; I'm out of practice!)

1: requirement for an instrument rating to fly IFR.

2: BFR/wings

3: (old?) requirement for minimum VFR hours before pursuing an
instrument rating (learn how to look out before we teach you to look in)

4: More stringent requrements for a commercial or ATP rating.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).