Old November 1st 06, 10:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default A disturbing statistic

Michael wrote:
Sam Spade wrote:

But, my
observations over 50 years of being around this stuff tells me that
experienced pilots seldom crash on good VFR daytime operations.

True enough. However, my observation is that pilots who limit
themselves to nothing but good VFR daytime operations never do become
experienced (they quit after a few hundred hours because flying just
isn't useful under those restrictions), so that doesn't help.

Michael

Depends whether the self-imposed limit is imposed going into the game or
much later on after the cat has shed several lives. ;-)