Old April 12th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Hanson

Default ASW 15 and concerns

Hello Craig,

For tap testing, a stethescope is a nice thing to have,
and it is also useful for many other applications but
you might not be able to find one on such short notice.
For humidity, besides the Nidec Solar powered vent
fans ( or equivilents, that run 24/7 and self charge
their NIMH batteries using the sun) I ran across this
little invention. I'm sure there are other units out
there as well. It's a solar powered dehumidifier. (you
will have to cut and paste the second line, this one
is too long)

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...97/solar-dehum
idifier-boat-caravan.phtml

No cheap solutions though. Good luck with your new
ship!
Paul Hanson

'Do the usual, unusually well'--Len Niemi

At 00:54 12 April 2007, wrote:
Hello all,
Possible purchase of ASW 15....Tomorrow!
Done all the research I could, but here are a couple
last minute
things.
I had someone reccommend doing a 'TAP TEST' on the
structure to listen
for inconsistant sounds indicating problems within.
Esp. in regard to
the balsa core and the wood construction? I know all
about the spar
rot thing, but what about the rest of the plane?

Also, my glider would be trailer stored, outside in
humid Florida. It
only has passive ventilation. Any suggestions. I worry
about the
suseptability to moisure?
Any input appreciated.
Thanks