Old September 27th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default Artificial Horizon – HELP!

If you have room for one you can buy stanrda aircraft AH's that do not
require inverters....I offer some relatively inexpensive non TSO'stypes on
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/aircra...ompass_air.htm
I have not flown with the MGL Horizons but have sold several of these and
had no complaints
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/mgl_in...ment_suppl.htm
it is simple to install and by compairison to a standard aircraft Electric
Artificial Horizon is cheap.....say nothing of the small 57mm aircarft AH's
The LX8000 and LX9000 now also offer AHRS as an option keeping these
instruments again a step ahead of every other flight computer or navigation
system I do offer both as well....and will have one in my next 304S....
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/lx_nav...ano_flight.htm
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"Mike Mike Ground" wrote in message
This winter’s projects include adding an artificial horizon (AH) and
PowerFlarm to my panel. I am trying to determine which AH would be
best suited for occasional use in XC soaring flights. It would be
very helpful to hear from pilots with experience using AH in gliders.
Attributes I think would be important include short power up time and
ability to deal with unusual attitudes. So far, I have read about
these products:

Dynon Avionics EFIS-D6 (http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/
D6_intro.html)
PCFlightsystems eGyro-2 (http://www.pcflightsystems.com/)
MGL Avionics AV-1 (http://www.mglavionics.co.za/).

Comments on these and any others would be greatly appreciated. Thanks