Old September 4th 16, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Benedict Smith

Default emailing your log file from an iPhone

At 23:37 03 September 2016, Dave Nadler wrote:

What about using a smart phone to email the log?
Android users have a few options; Android can read a USB stick.
But what about us iPhone users?
"Can't be done!" I'm told by pundits, "Get an Android!".
But really, at least until January, we get to chose our religion
here in USA. But I digress again.

Dave,
what about using a USB SD card reader plugged into your logger / flarm,
then use one of the Wi-Fi enabled SD cards, most of the memory suppliers
offer these now and some even have iOS apps that let you email files
straight
from the card without having to copy them to your phone first, looking at
an
on-line review they start at as little as $30 US, unfortunately no one
seems to
do a micro SD yet, they are all full size hence the need for a USB
adapter.
You would only need the lowest capacity available as log files are tiny
compared to photos etc.
Ben.