Old July 20th 19, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Antennae

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 6:19:07 PM UTC-4, George Haeh wrote:

It won't hurt to have a Flarm B antenna ahead of the instrument panel. The Core 1.1 can transmit on both antennae if you purchase the RFB option.

Hi George. I believe the dual-transmit is not yet for us in North America; from the release notes for firmware 6.40:

"PowerFLARM: Fully symmetric antenna diversity, dynamic receive and transmit on both antennas (except USA and Canada)"

I'd love to be wrong on this one. I have read (somewhere) that it's an FCC/ISEDC (Industry, Science, Economic Development Canada - replaced IC) approval problem. I have re-read the release notes up to the current fw 6.67 and North American approval isn't mentioned.

Dan