Old September 8th 14, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

Default Electroflight Team Aims To Fly 300 MPH On Batteries

In article ,
wrote:

Larry Dighera wrote:

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...-On-Batteries2
22710-1.html

Electroflight Team Aims To Fly 300 MPH On Batteries

Whoopee.

Let me know when they can fly 4 hours at at least 120 knots.

I would think that they could reach 300 mph without going to all the
extra effort being described, since some current homebuilts do that on
conventional 400 hp Lycomings, carrying 2 people.

Take an SX-300, replace the Lycoming with electric motor and batteries,
and you should be able to do it for enough time to set the record.