Old February 20th 05, 01:51 AM
Scrabo

Default Renters insurance and TRIA

I went to the AOPA renter insurance website today, fill in the details for a
quote and noticed an 'option' called
Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002 (TRIA). It went on the say "Insurance
coverage for losses resulting from certain acts of terrorism: $5.00"

$5.00 - OK I thought but wait, it was not an option, the "Yes" check box was
already filled in but wait a moment, where was the 'No' reply to this
option.

Of course it was not there.

1. What is Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002 (TRIA) meant to do for me
as a renter

2. Does anyone else find it weird that someone that is presented to you as a
'option', really isn't a option.

$5 may not sound much but imagine $5 times the number of people 'forced' to
take TRIA on their renter insurance, someone is making easy money

Scrabo