Old May 15th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Default Rerouting To Same Route Question

"Peter R." wrote in message
To expand a bit, to fly IFR to Teterboro (NY City's busiest GA airport)
from
Syracuse, NY, there is a specific IFR that must be filed. If that route is
not filed exactly as the ATC computer requires it, the pilot will receive
full route clearance from ATC when retrieving the clearance. It took me a
few
attempts before I was able to get the "Cleared as filed" response from
clearance. To me this seems similar to your scenario.

Yeah, getting that "cleared as filed" response in the northeast has become
elusive and therefore a coveted reward for a flight well-planned. While
we're on this subject, is there a way when using DUATs to put radar vectors
in the route section?

Marco