Old February 16th 04, 08:33 AM
Ole

"Jeb Hoge" skrev i melding
om...
"John Keeney" wrote in message

"Hobo" wrote in message
URL of photo:

http://www.caselab.okstate.edu/burat.../mach1buff.jpg

I found a photo on the web which was described as a photo of a B-52
breaking the sound barrier. I do not believe this plane can do such a
thing in a positive manner. Is the photo genuine?

Doctored.
To me it looks like they took a real picture of a transonic plane, put

the
Buff in it and then added clouds here & there about the airframe.

I'm 95% positive that ths shockwave vapor component of the pic is from
either an F-14 or F/A-18...I know I've seen that before, but it's one
of those two Navy birds in the middle of it.

I belive it was an F/A-18.