Old November 25th 04, 12:13 AM
Andrew Gideon

Bill Hale wrote:

It's a tiny place.

Eh? The screen on a palmtop? The discussion groups? The size of a runway?
I'm not sure what you mean.

The results on the AI are variable.

What do you mean?

I'd not count on it as a backup myself. Too much fiddling.

What do you mean? I thought that this was the point: being a backup.

By fiddling, do you mean the user interface? That's exactly the type of
detail I'm looking to learn: how easy is it to use this (ie. in IMC with a
vacuum or gyro failure).

And
for them to support it on every imaginable platform is daunting.

I've heard this from others building on mobile platforms, but I don't
know/understand it myself. Why doesn't the OS (Palm, Microsoft CE, etc.)
hide hardware differences? That's *their* purpose, after all.

I'll look for the discussion group(s) on the controlvision.com site.

Thanks...

Andrew