Old February 13th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

Default HID Landing Light

"Rob Turk" wrote in message
. ..
"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
. ..
Other than the absence of a suitable mount (easily fixed), does anyone
see any problem with this light as a landing light?

http://www.trailtech.net/4211-SX-150.html

I'm considering upgrading from a 50W Halogen lamp, and understand that I
should get ~2x the lumens from a 30W HID. This light has a 12 degree
beam angle and the housing is 2 3/4" in diameter. Their floodlight (in
the same housing) has a 36 degree beam angle.

Thoughts?

KB

We're installing a Hella DE-Xenon lamp. The link below shows a double set,
but you can get single lamps as well:
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...o_de_xenon.jsp

It's really tiny, puts out an enormous amount of light and stays
relatively cool.

Rob

How many watts is the bulb?

What temperature light does the light produce?

Is the cost of a single lamp $350 or thereabouts?

Thanks,

KB