Old June 4th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Default VFR "picking his way thru" heavy cells with XM Radio weather

On 6/4/2007 1:10:07 PM, Jay Honeck wrote:

While what you say is true, it really depends on the type of
thunderstorms Peter is describing. (And I don't mean to imply that
his observations were inaccurate in any way.)

Jay, here is a radar image that was taken about 10 minutes before the pilot
checked on. I have indicated cell movement using red arrows and the pilot's
approximate course using the yellow arrow:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...un-03-2007.jpg

The cells were closer to Syracuse airport when the exchange took place. As
you can see, this is not a field of pop-corn cells.

--
Peter