Old January 28th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

Default "Urgent Wind Chill Advisory"

On 2007-01-28, GrtArtiste wrote:
coat?" or "you'll freeze to death" I wonder how humanity survived
thousands of years without any of what we consider "modern
necessities".

Generally, it didn't - well, not long after reproduction age at least.

Some of these 'nanny' things like warm coats, better diet, knowledge
about avoiding certain disease, hygiene etc. mean we now live on average
close to 80 years instead of 35 years.

While some of it is patently ridiculous (such as the attempts at
absolute sterility in a lot of things, which I think will probably have
a deleterious effect through reduced immune systems)
quite a lot of these modern conveniences has greatly increased our
quality of life and life span.