Old January 28th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default "Urgent Wind Chill Advisory"

GrtArtiste writes:

The "nanny attitude" is pervasive, isn't it? I get lots of snide
comments from co-workers because I routinely walk a short distance
from my car to the door of the office without a coat on (unless the
snow is blowing around). Every time I hear such as "where's your
coat?" or "you'll freeze to death" I wonder how humanity survived
thousands of years without any of what we consider "modern
necessities".

I've noticed that many people dress for the season, not for the
weather. If it's winter, they wear lots of warm clothing; if it's
summer, they wear cool clothing. The only problem is that they never
actually look at the thermometer, so they are often improperly
dressed.