Old December 13th 04, 04:44 PM
Paul Smedshammer

In article . com, "Grumman 236" wrote:

Paul Smedshammer wrote:
This is a bit long winded but I'm looking for qualified opinions as

to what
might have happed to an almost total loss of power while in cruise

flight in
my Mooney M20F. Here is the story of what happened:

Almost sounds like induction icing.

A couple of folks have mentioned induction icing. Being a relatively new pilot
to the Mooney and more specifically fuel injection, I wasn't aware that icing
was a big problem in the fuel injection engines. There is no "carb. heat" as
there is no carburetor. Maybe somebody can elaborate and educate me on icing
in the induction system and what you can do to avoid it.

Temps above the fog layer which I was 2,500 feet above were in the 60's so I
didn't figure icing could have been a factor.