Old May 6th 05, 03:17 PM

Is this guy that put a pole up in a small clearimg amd tied a rope to

it and ran the other end of the rope to his airplane and ran it
through some of the structure of his bird and held the end.

Don't think so. I've read the stories, and seen a recent documentary
about his operations ( a documentary that hasn't been publicly released
yet) and I hadn't seen anything about that. His son and some others
have produced the documentary, and plan to release a movie next January
or so, a remake of the original movie about the death of Nate and four
others in 1956 at the hands of the Aucas (Waordani). Fascinating
story, fantastic piloting. Watch for it.

Dan