Old May 27th 05, 11:11 PM
John Galban

Do
you REALLY want to have federally funded government agencies (with all
of the wonderful efficiencies the federal government brings with it)
using their state subsidization to compete with the private sector?

Are you serious? These "private sector" companies are merely
regurgitating data that you already paid to have gathered and
processed. Do you really want to pay them again? If they want to add
value, to the data by further processing it, let them charge what they
want (like Jeppeson). I just find it a little objectionable to pay
some private company for a Nexrad image that was generated by my tax
dollars.

I find this akin to a city turning over a public street to a private
company and letting them charge you a toll to use the street that you
paid to construct. It's ludicrous.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)