Old January 13th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Default RG-58 thinet cable

In the first place, "work" is a relative term. A piece of limp spaghetti
inside a copper septic tank will "work" as an antenna, but certainly not
very well.

Since the vendor did not specify loss, I'd be a little wary of using it for
a purpose for which it was not intended at VHF. You spent a lot of
Franklins for transmitter power; heating up your coax isn't a very efficient
use of that money.

It only comes in 25 foot lengths with molded-on connectors. I'm thinking of
what you are going to do with a 25 foot cable in a 15 foot airplane. Coil
it up? Not a very good idea. Whack it off and put on a "standard" BNC
connector? Not easy because of the coax diameter.

I'd probably not use it. RG-174 is the miniature 50 ohm coax of choice and
there are BNC connectors made specifically for this cable.

By the way, crossposting to all the aviation newsgroups isn't a very good
idea. Most of us read them all; crossposting just wastes bandwidth.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"rmhou at yahoo.com" wrote in message
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=710&sku=03188

Would these cable work on aviation NAV/COM/antenna?

Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou