Old March 30th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
rmhou at yahoo.com

Default Power connector for Garmin 400/420/430

I want to build a power cable so I can practice using my Garmin GNC
420W at home. I called Garmin and was told that I can order their
$125 connector kit to build my cable.

The GPS side uses a 78-pin connector that looks like a D-subminiature
78-pin connector. Mouser has them for around $10. But Garmin tech
told me that their connectors are not "computer connector" but
"aviation connector"; at $125, it sure feel like aviation grade and
price.

Would this work: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...QH3iWQ %3d%3d

Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou