Old November 14th 05, 10:04 PM
Jim Macklin

Default Tomahawk/ Skipper

If I had won the big lottery a few weeks ago, my personal
flight department would be these airplanes...
A Beechjet 400A (now called a Hawker 400) since I am already
typed in it.
A Beech 1900 to carry my Harleys around to Sturgis(typed in
that too.)
A Helio Courier on floats
A Legacy Cub
A G36 Bonanza
A Pitts S2
A Skipper with a big engine
A Duchess with two bigger engines and floats

And I'd build a 50% scale A10 with a 7.63 minigun in the
nose.

BTW, the TBM700 was the Mooney 301, I was there for the
first public flight at Kerrville. Nice airplane.

I liked the report about the student who had the control
wheel break in his hand and then the CFI took control and
his wheel broke too. Many CFIs took to carrying ViseGrip
pliers to use as an emergency handle. The PA38 was an
adventure.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

wrote in message
oups.com...
| When I win the lottery I would buy a Skipper and put
an IO-320 or 360 engine on the front with a CS prop.

| You need to raise your sights a bit, Jim - MY "lottery
plane" is a
| TBM700C2, but then again, to each his own... : )
|
| Having learned in a Traumahawk 10 years ago, I can
personally attest to
| the low power and VERY study undercarraige, as there were
quite a few
| carrier landings those planes survived courtesy of yours
truly. It
| wasn't until after I finished the PPL that I started
reading about the