View Single Post
Old March 10th 16, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default GPS antenna for CAI 302 vario

As it turns out, after buying a replacement GPS antenna from Paul @ Cumulus my GPS lock problem persisted on my CAI302 vario. So I contacted Gary K. at ClearNav about the problem and ended up putting my 302 in the mail to him on 4-Mar. Today is 10-Mar and I have my repaired, fully functional and freshly calibrated 302 back in my hand already. Wow, I'm impressed!

Big shout out to Gary and CNi for fantastic service that I will not soon forget the next time I need to make a purchase or require service! Thank you!

Robert

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 7:50:58 PM UTC-6, Tango Eight wrote:
On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 6:10:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Gents,

I believe the GPS antenna on my 302 has bitten the dust. Anyone know of a good replacement for it? There seem to be several different types and sensitivity ratings and I'm not sure what would be the best fit for a replacement.

Also, does anyone know the correct name or type of connector used on the GPS? Is looks like an SMA connector but is a bit smaller so I'm really not sure what specification I should be looking for. Many thanks.

Robert

Gary @ ClearNav can fix you up. He still services GPSNav and 302 equipment. Contact info here http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-contacts.html

best,

Evan Ludeman for CNi