Old September 12th 05, 03:34 PM
N93332

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
news:1126533714.841522@sj-nntpcache-5...

Don't forget to do your 100hr inspections if you rent. Test question
- what's the difference between a 100hr and an Annual?

Since you didn't include any context I'm not sure what you're responding
to, and I haven't read the whole thread, but...

renting, by itself, does not constitute commercial use, and therefore does
not require 100 hour inspections.

I'm the OP and I originally asked about lending my plane to my friends to
fly occasionally. Not really 'renting' it out but let them borrow it and pay
for the fuel, etc. I then asked about doing Sport Pilot training in my
Ercoupe and that's where the 100 hour inspection concern came up. Looking at
Far 91.409(b) says that a 100 hour inspection is required for instruction in
my plane if I supply the plane. It'll depend on if 100 hours are put on
between annuals.

-Greg B.