Old August 20th 06, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning
Jim Macklin

Default Copper in oil analysis ?

Being in the UK does have problems.

http://www.lycoming.textron.com/main...tUs/index.html

http://www.lycoming.textron.com/main...ort/index.html

[PDF] The Textron Lycoming 540 engine is the strongest, most
reliable six ... File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as
HTML
laboratory should be used for all samples. It is
critical to take. the oil sample in the same manner for each
check. The results of. the oil analysis should ...
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/supp...ips/SSP400.pdf
- Similar pages

Lycoming a Textron Company - Oil Analysis Oil analysis is
not new, but it came late to general aviation as a
maintenance tool. The object is to examine oil samples from
an engine, and break down the ...
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/supp...lAnalysis.html
- 10k - Cached - Similar pages

Lycoming a Textron Company - Suggestions if Metal is Found
in the ... The metal may have just been dislodged from some
hiding place in the oil cooler ... NOTE: Metal samples for
analysis can only by accepted if the engine from ...
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/supp...ionsMetal.html
- 14k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF] SERVICE BULLETIN File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View
as HTML
Change oil at 10-hour intervals until new connecting
rod ... sample to the attention of the Lycoming Service
Department, 652 Oliver Street, Williamsport, ...
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/supp...tins/SB561.pdf
- Similar pages

"Peter" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
|
| The different copper alloys used can allow determination
of
| what part is contributing the metal, since different
alloys
| are used for different parts. Contract Lycoming and have
| them look at your results, they can give the best answer.
|
| Unfortunately this isn't easy. No email or fax number of
their
| website. I was going to call them and extract the fax
number (I am in
| the UK) but didn't bother. I emailed the data to two
engineering
| contacts at Lyco's UK main disti, who did not reply...
nice cust