Old June 1st 07, 11:07 PM
Larry Cauble Larry Cauble is offline
Junior Member

Location: Oregon, USA
Default Single engine CV trap

Twin engine aircraft have been operating routinely from USN carriers for nearly sixty years now. The earliest to routinely operate was the AJ Savage, (which actually had three engines, of course), I guess. The F2H was in the Fleet about that time as well - 1950ish. (I figure the F7F doesn't count since as far as I know no squadron ever deployed on a cruise.)

Anyway...

Has any twin-engine aircraft been authorized (per manual or NATOPS) to land with an engine inoperative? Has any twin-engine aircraft ever landed aboard with an engine out?