Old December 9th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_10_]

Default Which US and non-US national gliding team owns gliders?

On Dec 9, 8:08*am, csonka istvan wrote:
Which US and non-US national gliding team owns gliders?
Hello, I am trying to gather statistical information about how common
that a National Gliding Organization/Team in a country (anywhere in
the world), owns lots of high value gliders, like Ventus2, Discus2,
etc.?
I am sure that I will get answers relating to the US team, but maybe
there are readers of this forum from lots of different countries and
they also would tell me how it is going in their country. I am also
interested how the particular National Gliding Organization was able
to buy such high value glider, asking very simple: what was the source
of the money?
I can tell how the situation in Hungary just to start with something:
“Tax payers”, (there are very few in Hungary btw.) paying for these
expensive toys and the ownership is at the National Gliding
Organization. A committee decides every year, who will use which
glider.
Thanks in advance.

You have to provide your own glider on the US team - the team doesn't
have any of its own.

9B