Old May 4th 05, 06:37 PM

I flew with 3 different instructors during my traing, and I am glad I did.
Every instructor teaches a bit differently and you gain a new perspective
on the same item. If you have trouble with a particular thing with
instructor A, instructor B may explain or demonstrate it differently that
just makes it "click" in you brain. This is what I experienced a couple of
times.

It is your money and your time. My input is that it is a good idea to get
different concepts. Besides, it will ease the discomfort of flying with
someone new... which is exactly what happens when the DE steps into your
plane. At least you will have been there and done that at the time of the
exam.

GEG wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm a student with about 10 flights under my belt.
I had an instructor for the first 4 that I really liked.
I departed for a while, then had a new instructor that
I also really like - but for COMPLETELY different reasons,
and I can consider him "acceptable", but not great.
I wish I could combine them both.
I do some teaching at my old University as a guest, and like
to balance the conceptual view, preparation, but also have
students work and struggle just a little bit in order
to make them think through situations and get a better grasp.
(I mean struggle with ground school issues, not while in the air.)
(I like this approach for me, anyway . . . hee hee.)

There are 2 other instructors at my school that I like as people
and as personality, and a friend of mine uses one of those guys.

I'm curious to know if it's a bad idea to "try" another
instructor for a flight, just to see.
Who knows, maybe he's really good.

On the flip side, if it's at the same school, will I create an
adversarial or acrimonious situation by "cheating" on my instructor -
who I'm actually quite fine with?

Thanks!

Gary

--