Old September 30th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
NickC

Default Train Simulators

Dave Schwartz wrote on 30 Sep 2006:

After trying MS Train Simulator and being so thoroughly
disappointed with it, I haven't been into Train simming for a
while. But it caught my interest again and thought I would give
it a try again. It seems that Trainz is the current state of the
art sim. But surfing around, I see that there are 3 versions of
Trainz around now. There is 1. Trainz Railraod Simulator 2006 by
Mercam, 2. TRS 2006 by Auran and 3. TRRSeluxe Edition. Can
anyone steer me to the best product and/or explain the differences
in the products?

Is there a better Train Sim?

Thanks for all of your time.

Depends on whether you want accuracy or eye-candy. BVE is very good,
and freeware too (requires .NET), is oriented more towards accuracy
than eye-candy in that you drive only one train at a time, and has a
very large user-base of routes and trains, although more European than
US oriented.

To change the topic slightly, Simsig is a great train controller
program, very accurate and (its descendant) used in the real world.

--
Nick