Old November 15th 05, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default 337 for interior plastic

The dealer is nuts. What part 43 is telling you, is that you do NOT need a
337, in fact the FSDO inspector will deny your 337 because it is not a major
repair or alteration. All you need to do is install it and make a log book
entry under your name and cert #.
Jim

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, I sent off for new interior plastic. The pieces are not PMA'd so
the dealer is telling me I need to do a 337. Reading part 43 I see
preventative maint says..

(9) Refinishing decorative coating of fuselage, balloon baskets,
wings tail^
group surfaces (excluding balanced control surfaces), fairings,
cowlings,^M
landing gear, cabin, or cockpit interior when removal or disassembly
of any^M
primary structure or operating system is not required.^M

This makes me think I can replace my cabin vent covers myself. Does
that means I can also sign the 337? Do I need to pay an A&P a minimum 1
hour labor to sign the 337?

-Robert