Old May 21st 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default PDA: Which one and what software?

"Thomas Borchert"

Sorry for the basic questions, but I am a total newbie when it comes to
PDA's.

Actually, there's not that much choice in nav software for the Palm. Much
more is available for the PocketPC, which, OTOH, doesn't work well with
your Mac. Personally, I'd go for display size, so you'd want a 480 by 640
resolution. Have a look at Anywhere Map by Controlvision, the "Mercedes"
of PDA nav software. If you want low cost, look at www.pocketfms.com.

--

Also, check out the Niborex Copilot software.
Basically, and electronic checklist capable of holding whatever graphic and

I just started using it, so far anly on 4 flights, but it seams mighty
powerful!

It has flight timer, manages your fuel tanks, holds all your performance
data etc.

When I bought it, they had a bundle deal with their E6B software.
Also a good product it seams.

PocketFMS is great! Great community, frequent updates, and world wide
coverage.

I would go with that instead of the costly ones with costly NAV update
subscriptions.

Youre requeired to fly with paper charts on board anyway, so why chuck the
money out.

I also have Jeppesen Flightstar, and it's a bit easier to make routes on,
but it isn't a PDA programme, and costs an arm and a leg to keep current....

:-)

Frode