Old September 15th 04, 03:16 PM
Newps

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

I don't think anyone has commented about this on Usenet yet (or at least
Google doesn't have it) so I'll put the question out there. Can anyone
confirm that the USB Skybound datawriter is faster than the PCMCIA

Skybound

II? I am contemplating getting it for the slight convenience factor of

using

my desktop for updates. If it it *is* faster, that would seal the decision
for me to get it. But since Skybound II was actually slower than the
original, ya never know...

I used the Skybound USB last month. A buddy of mine has one and 5 or 6
of us borrow it when we want to update our GPS's. From the time you
fire up the program until the card is rewritten and ready to go is less
than 5 minutes. I have the GX55. The only downside to the whole deal
is you can't buy one time updates online from Jepp. They want to sell
you the one year subscription. So if you want a one time update you
have to call them on the phone.