Old April 18th 04, 04:48 AM
Rocky

"Bart" wrote in message ...
If all you've ever flown (seriously) is helicopters and 99.99% of your time is in turbines, how hard is it to transition to fixed
wing? (not asking FARs, just practical stuff)

Bart

Bart
I've done the transition with a lot of rotor pilots and they didn't
have any problems once they got used to going higher than 300'agl!
Can't really think of any particular problems except getting used to a
shallower approach, and the generally higher speeds.
I got my phyxed wing rating in 1959 and rotor in '69. CFI ratings
started in 1966 and now have in excess of 8000 RW and 13,000 FW.
More money to be made in the fixed wing side of the house.......
Ol Shy & Bashful