Old December 21st 03, 08:08 AM
robert arndt

Default DFS See Adler and Reiher

In the test pilot thread I mentioned Hanna Reitsch and some of her
aircraft flown. I mentioned the See Adler (Sea Eagle) amphibian glider
which most of you have never heard of. Here is a photo of it(1935):

http://es.geocities.com/los_caranchos/images/F44.jpg

This was Hans Jacobs designed glider that was to be used for military
purposes but was eventually cancelled. Jacobs went on to design DFS
military aircraft, among them the famous DFS 230 assault glider of
which Hanna Reitsch test flew the first transport version.
Also of some interest is the DFS Reiher of 1938:

http://es.geocities.com/los_caranchos/images/F58.jpg

This glider has been replicated by OSC Wasserkuppe:

http://www.osc-wasserkuppe.de/flugze...eiherflug.jpeg

Rob