Old September 28th 04, 08:23 PM
Robert Pollard

LoL. I'm in the strange situation, thanks to a property purchase whereby I
can nolonger afford to fly, so I use Elite as my IFR trainer and FS9 as a
substitute for real flying as the chances of me getting behind a real
cockpit over the next two years is zip. Elite does provide an awesome amount
of feedback on your flights. I'm currently running through their IFR course
and it is very good. It is possible to do some limited VFR in Elite, but you
need extra scenery addons for more money!

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Robert Pollard" wrote in message
Elite simulations products support multimonitor, but are a little pricey.
However, their flight models seem several orders of magnitude better than
Microsofts and I think the price is worth it. I now use Elite for IFR and
FS9 for VFR.

Well, therein lies the rub. Elite is strictly for IFR training. It's not
all that useful if what you want is VFR flight simulation.

For the price, it damn well better have superior flight models.